Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Deliverance From Fear


Read: Psalm 27:1-6


1 The Lord is my light and my salvation—

    whom shall I fear?

The Lord is the stronghold of my life—

    of whom shall I be afraid?

2 When the wicked advance against me

    to devour[a] me,

it is my enemies and my foes

    who will stumble and fall.

3 Though an army besiege me,

    my heart will not fear;

though war break out against me,

    even then I will be confident.

4 One thing I ask from the Lord,

    this only do I seek:

that I may dwell in the house of the Lord

    all the days of my life,

to gaze on the beauty of the Lord

    and to seek him in his temple.

5 For in the day of trouble

    he will keep me safe in his dwelling;

he will hide me in the shelter of his sacred tent

    and set me high upon a rock.

6 Then my head will be exalted

    above the enemies who surround me;

at his sacred tent I will sacrifice with shouts of joy;

    I will sing and make music to the Lord.

Fear can prevent us from achieving our goals in life. Fear of failure, losing near and dear ones, or constantly battling with some illness or facing enemies can cause doubts in one’s mind. The psalmist says, “I sought the Lord and He heard me and delivered me from all my troubles” (Ps. 34:4). The key to be delivered from fear is to “Seek the Lord”.

When David was continuously running from his enemies, he cried out to God for help. He knew that God was able to deliver him from the hands of his enemies. David could completely trust in God as His Shepherd, who would lead him like a sheep through the valley of shadow of death (Ps. 23). David’s complete trust in God, helped him to defeat Goliath, the giant Philistine. David was not afraid because he trusted in God.

If the Lord is our light and salvation, whom shall we fear? (Ps. 27:1). When we are afraid, we must learn to trust in God and praise His Word (Ps. 56:3-4). We can cast our burdens upon the Lord, for He will sustain us (Ps. 55:22). “The Lord is on my side; I will not fear. What can man do to me?” (Ps. 118:6). The Bible says, “For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind” (2 Tim. 1:7). Why then should we be afraid?

Author: Georgy Mathew Alexios

Read it on signageeternity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Guilty Yet Pardoned

Read: 1 Tim. 1:12-17 A man was filling out a job application and he came to the question “Have you ever been arrested?” He wrote, “No.” The ...